From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:23:36 -0400
On 10/18/05, Sue Myburgh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>.  Are there any
> jobs for records managers that state "CRM required for this position"?
> I have to say that I had never even heard of the CRM before I joined
> ARMA (admittedly, some time ago).

Sue
I first heard of the ICRM back in the mid 1980s and it wasn't well
advertised at that point in time.

as to your question about jobs. Every job that i have interviewed for
in the past 15-20 years has had asked for CRM "desired, preferred or
required". I regularly post position announcements to the ICRM-L that
I've found on monster.com I only post positions that say one of the
following

CRM required,
CRM desired
CRM preferred

the incident of these terms over the past 2-3 years has increased dramatically.

I will be glad to provide actual examples if requested

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va