From:
"Hunt, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:14:43 -0800
Portland Auditor Gary Blackmer is pleased to announce the release of Efiles
- a web-based search tool that makes thousands of electronic images of
important city records available to the public.  Efiles houses over 30,000
electronic documents, including all City Council Ordinances from the
mid-80's to the present, as well as photographic and documentary images from
the City's archival collection.

Besides the electronic images, Efiles also contains over one million catalog
entries covering City operations and history dating back to 1851.  The
electronic documents can be immediately viewed or downloaded for free.  The
catalog entries represent hard copy records stored at the City's Stanley
Parr Archives and Records Center (SPARC).  Using Efiles, citizens can
contact archives staff to arrange access to the records stored at SPARC.

Efiles is a dynamic system with both electronic and catalog records being
added daily.  We hope that researchers, students and all Portlanders find
Efiles a helpful tool to learn about and keep up with our city government's
current activities and rich history.

Efiles can be found at:  http://www.portlandonline.com/efiles
Type in 'testsearch' to see the variety of record-types in our system.

Timothy B. Hunt, CRM
Records Analyst
Office of the City Auditor
1221 SW Fourth Ave. Room 140