From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:31:48 -0800

>  First from a compliance
> standpoint has anyone been involved in discussions related to postcard
> billing that is prevalent in the utility industry.  The issue being that
> if a past due amount is listed on the postcard bill (which is not
> enclosed in an envelope) it has a flavor of personal credit information.
> Therefore, are there any FACTA implications.

I wouldn't say "FACTA" because it doesn't involve credit, except that
someone could make an assumption that if you have a past due bill, you might
be a credit risk, but that would only matter if you're applying to the
Postman for a loan =) \

I would think that it might be in the area of PII though.  You likely have a
name, an account number and a dollar amount showing on this card. It doesn't
seem like a very sound business practice, seeing as the only benefit to the
utility would be a savings in postage costs.

Secondly, can someone in the utility industry please
> tell me what the FERC retention schedule period "Do." means.

Well, it's unlikely that it means Homer Simpson assigned the retention
period, because if that was the case, it would be "Doh!" =)

Every case I've seen "Do" used, it means "Ditto" and applies to the earlier
entry in the schedule.

Larry

--
Larry Medina