From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:09:24 -0600
Along time ago, several of the times most notable scribes got together
at their annual convention.  The conference was one of most well
attended in years.  The hot topic of the day was whether or not clay
tablets should be replaced with parchment and papyrus.  After all, who
would ever want to use something that had to be scrolled to read.  And
wasn't there something permanent and comforting about the jingle of the
day's transactions in the money bag tied around the waist.  And that new
stuff, so thin and fragile, it will never be suitable for real records.
And whose idea was it to put more than one transaction on a record?
Think of the chaos that will result if we spread transactions all over a
sheet.

Besides, I heard Big Clay has taken the position that there will never
be a market for something so simple.  Have you seen their latest?  The
device uses an advanced technology called clay dough that will let us
color code our records.

Some things never change...

Bill R