From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:40:08 -0500
Diane,

A few key points, Diane, that I hope will prove helpful:

(1) Any electronic records management program should be at least linked to,
if not driven by your organization's choice for a Business Process
Management (BPM), or Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution.  That
will make it easier to ensure that an initial investment will turn out to be
a good long-term investment.

(2) I'd do some work and study the D.O.D. 5015.2 standards for Electronic
Records Management applications.  If your firm is a government contractor,
you will most likely want to ensure that whatever you acquire....that it's a
D.O.D. 5015.2 certified product (there are many products available).  Send
me an off-line note, if you want me to send you a copy of a PowerPoint
presentation on that standard.

(3) Ensure that any electronic records management package offers you an
opportunity to manage any and all media, if possible.  Some do that through
connections to additional products, some may include those capabilities
natively.

I hope that helps!

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+
Business Development Manager