From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:41:24 -0600
>>I believe that it is of prime importance to track every type of record
that is destroyed at least to the records series and date level,
preferably a file by file listing.<<

I think that in some instances, a file by file inventory of destroyed
records may be appropriate. However, I don't believe it should be the
norm.  I see the danger as this:  The greater the level of detail, the
more opportunities for finding discrepancies.  It is not hard to argue
that a specific file was overlooked when talking of the collective
disposal of thousands of files.  It is much more difficult to argue that
a file does not exist when several that are specifically listed as being
destroyed are found during a discovery process.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota