From:
Graham Kitchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:10:54 -0700
The general term for this is Legal Hold.

This kind of thing happens often across the United States.  Essentially,
it places a suspension on all record destruction for information having
anything to do with the court case.  Your best bet is to ask someone
like Messers Montania or Skupsky.  Usually, the suspension is lifted
when the case is settled.

Graham Kitchen
Corporate Records Manager
Unified Western Grocers
5200 Sheila Street
Commerce, California 90040
Telephone:  (323)264-5200 Extension 4560
Cell:  (323)243-1865
email:  [log in to unmask]