From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 10:48:09 -0700
If you've received your Information Management Journal, you'll note
that some of the details for the 2006 ARMA International Conference in
San Antonio have been published.

I had the opportunity to be in San Antonio last weekend and I'd like to
offer a few observations for folks planning to attend the Conference.

One of the Conference alternate hotels is the Menger Hotel. The Menger
is also the least expensive. I would suggest that it is a bargain if
you are planning to go to Conference. It is across the street from the
Alamo, about two blocks from the convention center, and is a
wonderfully preserved historic hotel. The rooms can be a little small,
but they are kept up nicely. The hotel has free wi-fi and the air
conditioning works great, plus you can even open the windows, if you so
wish. They also have a pool and small fitness center. Definitely
something for folks to consider.

You also might want to consider getting airplane reservations fairly
early. The flights that many of us were on were pretty full and the
airport isn't huge, so if you dawdle, you might not have a seat when
you want one.

I'm looking forward to going back to San Antonio in the Fall.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM