From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:14:13 -0400
It may be of great importance to have these reports or snapshots of a
particular time retained as records, especially if the database or system is
dynamic and can not recreate a view at a particular point in time with
appropriate integrity and reliability.

I have worked with organizations, both private and governmental, that create
such reports from systems and declare them records for one reason or
another.

Dependent on the purpose the retention may vary as Larry mentions.  In some
cases the snapshots or reports may become part of another report or
products, such as an "Annual Report"

Many records contain information that resides in other records or
information systems.  It all depends on the functions served.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM