From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:31:20 -0500
Hi Dan,
I appreciate you initiating this discussion and I believe there will be a
wide variety of approaches to your answer.

We recently implemented a very large SAP system.  RIM has worked with IT to
apply retention codes to the archive objects (the archived file information
will be exported to our Records Management software and tracked for
retention, freeze/holds and dispositions just like our "other" records).

Much of this same data (in the archive objects) is being sent to the
Business Warehouse.  We consider the BW a convenience copy of that "record"
that is used for analytics. It is our understanding right now that the data
in BW can be manipulated and there is no guarantee that it can always
reflect the true transactional information.  We have not applied retention
codes to the BW - yet.  But we do plan to walk through that exercise.

Any reports from BW used for internal purposes would have one code; reports
for external purposes will have a very different retention code.

I'd also like to hear what others are doing.
Thanks Mary

Mary W. Haider, CRM
Records & Information Manager