From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:51:29 -0600
<donning the flameproof suit & laptop skin>

That list would include....?

In other words, as I noted before, many of those acronyms' value depend
significantly upon which seat you inhabit. Lots of records managers care
naught for the CDIA+, or the PMP...or the CRM. After all, if they haven't
needed it yet...there are some 870 CRMs, but I'd guess that's a tiny
percentage of the corpus of competent records managers, for any of a number
of reasons.

Arguably MIT, LIT, and FAI are a whole 'nother beast in that as Ginny noted
they validate where ya been and what ya did, rather than being an objective
assessment of skills, knowledge, and expertise.

I don't want to get to far afield from the ORIGINAL topic, about the idea of
requiring professional development as a condition of membership, which as
has been noted is a requirement of the ICRM but certainly is not a
requirement for membership in AIIM or ARMA. Today at least.

My tuppence while waiting for the HVAC repairman,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermm, ecms
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
YIM: jessewilkins8511
The AIIM ERM Master Class returns to Los Angeles Oct 30! Visit
http://www.imergeconsult.com/ermworkshops.html
for details and to register.