From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:24:11 -0800
If you are having trouble finding the ballot, take a look in your spam
or bulk mail folders if those don't get deleted periodically. Because
ARMA is using a third party to conduct the balloting, it is possible
that spam filters killed the email because of the mismatch between the
ARMA domain and the balloting organization's e-mail domain.

Something that I recently found out about in my company is that our
email system greylists the first email received from a domain. In
effect, it bounces the email back to the sender and waits to see if the
email is resubmitted. Most email systems will do that, but if a spammer
sent the email from a spoofed address, it dies. It seems to be pretty
effective because I've seen a pretty significant reduction in spam
recently, but I've also heard from some folks that their email is
bouncing and they can't solve the problem.

So it is possible that something similar to this caused problems for
some of you with more sophisticated email spam killing systems.

My understanding is that a reminder ballot will likely be sent out on
Monday, January 22. If you don't see anything next week (check your
spam folders), then contact ARMA HQ and they will help you with a
workaround.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM

Patrick Cunningham, CRM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."