From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:42:39 -0500
On 1/31/07, Reid, Susan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I don't know if I am correctly requesting to be removed from the
> ListServ, but if not, please advise proper steps.

incorrect method pls see below

well its that time again to repeat the rules etc on how to manage your
recmgmt-l subscriptions

there has once again been a flurry of pls unsub mes sent to the
request address, usually after checking the subscription these are
from folks who are recent subscribers to the listserv

so to all those who have recently joined the list in the last few
months here are the basics

if you recently joined and you are overwhelmed by a sudden flurry of
messages received from the listserv consider these two options instead
of unsubbing

1. set up a rule in your email client that automatically sends
listserv messages to their own folder. Turn off the "you have new mail
pop-up and sound"

2. or consider changing your subscription to digest. Digest? you ask?
yes digest. the digest is a single message that you receive each and
every day that contains all the previous days messages

so how do you change to digest you ask? well here you go

1. send an email with a blank/empty subject line to

2. in the body of the message put the following command

SET RECMGMT-L DIGEST

but if you really want to unsub follow the same steps as above but
send this command instead

UNSUB RECMGMT-L

in either case you will receive a confirmation when successful. IF you
have problems and receive an error message pls forward that message to

tell the listadmins (and I are one) what you wanted to do and we will
take care of it for you. If you want expedited service be sure to
attach a dollar bill to your message. Money catches our attention much
faster than anything else.

one other thing - there is no need to put "New Thread" in the subject
line when sending a message, just put an appropriate subject in the
subject line and send off your message.

if your organization changes your email address you will be unable to
post to the list until your new name is registered. To do that just
send an email to

in the email we will need to know your old address and your new
address. we can then quickly make the switch for you. once again for
expedited service be sure to attach a dollar bill to the message

that's all for now

--
Peter K
listadmin