From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:04:44 -0600
Not sure what Steve is saying...but if I'm reading it right I have to
disagree completely.  Here in Florida at our state universities we are
required to follow state retention schedules.  Primarily, two of
Florida's General Records Schedules are applicable to us: General
Records Schedule for State and Local Government Agencies (GS1-SL) and
General Records Schedule for Universities and Community Colleges (GS5).
Our on-campus police department also complies with Florida's General
Records Schedule for Law Enforcement Agencies.  As I often instruct our
staff...more of our records series are found in the "State and Local
Government Schedule" than the "University and Community College
Schedule." That is because we have far more records series that are
common to all state and local government agencies...than those only
common to a university or community college.

Gus Harris
Records Manager
The University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL