From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:20:58 -0600
Here's some about what I've been trying to express regarding imaging.
The following is from MT Mortgage Technology Inc.'s company website....

Christine Kirby, president and CEO of McLean, Va.-based document
preparation vendor ProClose, Craig Kaley, director of product
development at Lakewood, Colo.-based document preparation vendor
Guardian Mortgage Documents, Greg Smith, president/CEO of origination,
underwriting and archiving vendor Advectis, based in Alpharetta, Ga.,and
Josh Stallings, vice president of strategic initiatives at Sherman Oaks,
Calif.-based jumbo lender No Red Tape, gathered to talk about the
progress the industry has made in achieving a complete e-mortgage and
what is left to be done.

"Imaging helps with certain facets of the process, especially when you
want to retrieve documents to see what was agreed upon, but when you're
talking about a true electronic transaction it's really the data within
that document set that matters and imaging doesn't get you there.

It's like you have the Ferrari but it's up on blocks and I don't have
tires on it. The step that we're taking now in is putting it on rails to
get it on the highway. Josh's company was one of the first to see the
vision and capture the docs electronically.  Now we're looking at
workflow to take it further."

For most...they need to get the Ferrari on the highway...doesn't do much
for them just sitting in their desktop driveway!

Gus Harris