From:
Beverly McMahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:10:50 -0600
"Is anyone aware of countries that do not allow records to be retained in
an electronic format (including images)?  Or countries that specify that
the original, paper document, must be maintained in addition to the
image?

In addition, I would appreciate possible resources where this type of
information may be found."

The country of Trinidad does not accept electronic documents, you must
have the paper when you work with them.   You can retain the docs in
electronic format for your own use, but the government does not accept
electronic formats.  (They have begun an limited use of microfilm.)

This info was obtained from our lawyer "in country".  There does not
appear to be a single source for this type of information, we have had to
go to attorneys in each of the countries where we do business.

Beverly McMahan