From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:46:41 -0400
On 3/14/07, Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 For a number of years, we have been very deliberate in
> maintaining distance between RECMGMT-L and ARMA, even though we often
> have ARMA-related discussions and some people think that this is the
> "ARMA Listserv". It is not and will not be, so long as RECMGMT-L has a
> home elsewhere. When and if RECMGMT-L becomes homeless, I can be
> reasonably certain that the list owners will make every effort to find
> a neutral home for the List. Only if RECMGMT-L cannot find a home, will
> they consider talking to ARMA. And frankly, that will be somewhat messy
> and likely require some changes to how the List is administered.

But the interesting thing is several individuals/groups have stepped
forward to provide server space for the AA list archives. The
problematic part of this whole issue is the lack of transparency from
SAA in how the decision was made. Reminds me of the various
discussions several years ago surrounding a certain ARMA initiative.

SAA made their announcement with  only two weeks before
decommissioning. Only SAA HQ knows who were the members of the TF that
made the decision. SAA is not responding to the list.

it is ironic that a couple of academics stated that in their opinion
the archivist list archives contained no significant information or
research potential, AND yet the TF relied upon 3 studies done from the
archives in their determination.

no information concerning cost has been shared. all very troubling

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va