From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:18:36 -0700
<snip>"retain until no longer useful"<snip> is not a retention policy.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 3/15/2007 5:40 AM >>>
This has been an issue that we have been looking at here in KY - the
retention scheduling of listserv archives.  <snip>
I have trying to develop a generic retention recommendation for
listserv archives to add to state's general electronic records schedule.
 The retention period that I have been playing with is designed to be
fairly broad to allow agencies some room to maintain or discard the
archives, potentially something like "retain until no longer useful"
with some caveat about the state archivist assessing on a case-by-case
basis for any possible historical value.
<snip>