From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:14:57 -0800
I think this is a very tough order although well written, concise messages
along with limited to's and cc's most likely help.

Thought of posting documents to a team share as opposed to distributing via
email? Or you could use Sharepoint or something like it. How are public
folders used?

Instant messaging is an option to reduce email traffic. (And yes I know that
IM can result in records so don't dog pile on me). Perhaps a company
"bulletin board" on your intranet might assist in reducing announcements.

Perhaps instead of focusing on email reduction you may want to study how
email is used at your company. Work with your server operations folks and
see what your trends are. Do you know how many messages are received and
sent each day (traffic analysis)? How much is junk mail?

I guess I would really want to know why this is being examined. Is it a
management issue or a performance issue for your servers?

My thoughts for what they are worth.
Rock on!
Sharon Burnett
Seattle WA