From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:17:13 +1000
Toby

Why limit yourself to optical media? The average CD will hold 800MB of
information, the average DVD, 4.7GB.  Not sure what this equals in terms
of the average number if scanned images.  For a suitably large number of
images, you will need a suitably large number of CDs or DVDs.

Disk based storage is virtually unlimited.  You can put mechanisms in
place to show that the digital file has not been altered, so they can
have the same 'recordness' as stuff held on optical media.

Of course, this would be dependant on the absence of archaic laws which
state that stuff must be kept on a particular media format - you would
know more about the applicable local laws than I.

We are spoiled because our laws of Evidence state that something that
claims to be a copy is just as admissible as the original, even if the
original ceases to exist (unless evidence to the contrary exists).

John Lovejoy
My views, no one elses