From:
"John J. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:20:51 -0400
Agree with Peter, where the employer has actually hired you bearing the CRM
in mind.  It still may not work ... and the chances are better when seeking
to include it specifically as part of professional development and the
talent management budget.  In my own case, over about 20 years, I have only
once had an employer cover the conference and got no support in either
earning or maintaining the CRM per se.  My solution has been to promote the
value of the CRM fearlessly, and cover it all personally.

Of course, this makes me less visible in North America now that I live
balanced between Hong Kong and Bangkok.  And, cultural norms around client
grasp of signing to verify work make that nearly impossible--so proving
maintenance can be tough and very expensive.

BTW, for anyone in Vancouver or Victoria, I'm anticipating a trip back this
fall and would be interested in getting together if the schedule permits.
Give me a shout!

Cheers-
John

John James O'Brien, CRM, MALT