From:
"Seibolt, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:52:26 -0500
As a doubter of all things internet, I had to check this out. Some good
ideas but in the case of safety at home others might be better. If you
have never seen the site below it is worth bookmarking to help separate
fact, fiction, and everything in between.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/caralarm.asp

Rob Seibolt

Hugh Smith wrote:

I thought this was a great idea.  I spend time in motels on the road
and this is a great idea for an alarm if you park your car right
outside your door too.  I sent this idea to my child at college.

A GREAT TIP FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT

PUT YOUR CAR KEYS BESIDE YOUR BED AT NIGHT

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise
outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press
the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the
horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car
battery dies.

Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys
away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably
already have and requires no installation.

Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and
will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it
with the button on the key fob chain.
It works if you park in your driveway or garage If your car alarm
goes off when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the
burglar or rapist won't stick around... after a few seconds all the
neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there
and sure enough the criminal won't want that.

And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a
parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there.....

  It would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack,
where you can't reach a phone.  A wife suggested to her husband to
carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't
hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's
a problem.

I know it works because when I fall asleep on the coach with my keys
in my pocket, if I am leaning on them it sets off the car alarm in
the basement. Thennnnnnn my wife wakes me up because she doesn't
understand why the car alarm is going off.  The dog is barking.

It's pretty exciting actually.  Well until she starts to beat me
around the head and shoulders for scaring her.  This wears me out so
much I take another nap..........

Hugh Smith

the message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

<PRE><p>This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.</p></PRE>