From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:18:43 -0500
>The US military I believe has uniform filing plans.<

Yes it does. Many years ago, when I was an E-4 clerk in the operations
office of an artillery battalion, (Bamberg, FRG), I was handed a booklet
with all of the files I would be using. On each file folder label we
typed not only the file name and code, but the retention period and the
date we were to transfer the file to the inactive storage center.

That was long before I ever heard of "Records Management." Little did I
know...

Gary Link, CRM
Astorino
227 Fort Pitt Blvd