From:
Brent Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:26:11 -0500
Thanks Peter.

The Blogs will run a gamut of business uses. Most will be Records since it
is a governmental agency. Some will be posted out for FOIA requests, some
will be internal.

We are more concerned with what the process should be from the technical
standpoint - the Records Manager can determine the trigger events, and which
ones will and won't be saved as Records.

What is the format ? Do they need to be in a state that can be totally
reconstructed? (STP's) or are printouts, (PDF's) acceptable.

We are hoping to find out what others are doing so we can counsel the RM so
she can make decisions.

On Jan 15, 2008 9:54 AM, Brent Reid <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are in the process of setting up a Document and Records Management
> System
> that utilizes SharePoint (MOSS 2007) as the Front end presentation layer
> with Open Text's eDOCS with RM as the backend to maintain the official
> Records.
>
> A few questions have come up regarding Blogs that are created and
> maintained
> in SharePoint:
>
> At what point is the Blog declared a Record and locked down ?

 I think the first question to ask is

"What is the business purpose of the blogs?"

Do they support a business function?

What does the content consist of?

Are the blogs accessible only within the organization or can the public
access them

those are just a few questions that I have others may have more, but once
you answer those you will be better able to determine the trigger event for
declaring them a record if indeed they are a record

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va