From:
robin tew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:27:17 -0800
Good morning!
  The facilities department for our school district is considering moving to electronic construction documents.  Currently, blueprints are maintained in an electronic format.  However, related correspondence, soil surveys, reports, etc are in hard copy.
  The department already uses consistent file plan and document-naming  conventions with the hard copy records, a plus for them.  They are looking for an open architecture system to manage the documents, after scanning.  I would like to talk with people who are using EDMS to manage their construction-related documentation and are happy with the system they are using.  If you work in a public agency environment, that would be even better.
  I am not ready to talk with venders at this point.
  Please contact me off-list.
  Robin Tew
Supervisor, Records Management
Pinellas County Schools
  . . . . .enjoying a much-needed rainy day in sunny Florida!