From:
"Shelton, Alicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:33:38 -0600
Let's say you hold a press conference in Second Life.  How is that much
different than holding one in real life? (Other than the fact that my
avatar would be much better looking than it's wetware counterpart.) If
the real life press conference requires video recording, so would the
one in Second Life.  You might need some third-party software to capture
the Second Life press conference, but I don't see much of a difference
between that and needing a digital camcorder or audio recorder for the
real life conference. If you merely need to keep a copy of the press
release given at the conference, that would be the case for Second Life,
too. Same goes for meetings or other events happening in Second Life.

I don't see Second Life as very different than any other meeting space,
whether it be analog or wired.  Each may require different tools for
creating records of events taking place in the space, that's all.

I'm just thinking out loud, though, so please throw out more specifics
if I'm missing something!

Alicia Shelton
Systems Analyst
The University of Texas System