From:
Stephanie Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:18:57 -0600
In Texas, we are not allowed to charge the public for records that
involve them. We are also obligated to share information with other
governmental agencies (local, state and federal) without charge. The
guidelines that have been set by the Attorney General is if there are
more than 50 pages of copies, we charge. If it will take more than 8
hours to compile the records and the copies exceed 50 pages, we are
allowed to charge for copies as well as time it took our staff to
compile the request. However, it is up to each state agency to determine
if they will respond to inmates. It has been decided at the agency I
work at that we do not respond to inmate requests.
Stephanie Jones
Coordinator for Records Management
Support Services Department
Administrative Services Division
Texas Department of Agriculture
512-305-9193 Voice
800-509-1201 Fax

"The Records Management Section assists and guides TDA staff to ensure
preservation of Texas agriculture historical records and to maintain
compliance with records management laws by implementing a cost effective
records management program."