From:
Charmaine Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:04:44 -0700
Our ARMA chapter has arranged a few of these and they were a great success. The more visibility the better. Contact your local mobile shredding company to see if they will donate their time. See if you can get publicity and have it covered by the local press.

  We even picked up some new ARMA members from it.

  Charmaine Brooks, CRM

Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hi all,
One of our City Councilmembers has asked about the possibility of a "shredding day offered to the public" and hosted by the City. I'm wondering if any of you have either administered or participated in such an event and might have some wise counsel for me? I did a search and came up with a few links that I'll check into (shown below). Thanks for your help!

http://www.villageofnewalbany.org/Default.aspx?tabid=167

http://new.mynevadacounty.com/whatsnews/index.cfm?ccs=154&cs=3766

http://www.atg.wa.gov/pressrelease.aspx?&id=17792

http://www.shredit.com/community.asp

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood CO 80226-3127
Direct: 303-987-7091 Fax: 303-987-7088
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.lakewood.org
Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper is recycled.