From:
John Mancini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:22:22 -0400
Hi everybody.

I thought I'd just give everyone a bit of context for what goes on on our Wednesday Webinars.

Yes they are sponsored.

We, too, find the usual 100% sponsor content infomercials boring, so we limit the sponsor content
to 6-8 minutes of the total 60 minutes for the webinar.  And yes, some of the comments are on
target:  Some vendors know how to do an educational presentation and some just don't.

The rest of the time (50+ minutes) is reserved for an independent subject matter expert (SME).

Most of the time the experts are quite good.  We do a quick survey after each one to keep tabs on
the quality of the SMEs.  Here are the evaluations for the overall content for the last few webinars.
These are pretty typical evaluations.

Get Rid of Your Paper! Or not. -- 90% good or excellent.
What's Scanning got to do with it? -- 86% good or excellent.
Enterprise Report Management Can't be Overlooked -- 76% good or excellent.
Thinning out the Hay: Litigation Readiness Made Easier -- 85% good or excellent.

Of course, sometimes there are some clinkers in there when you do 30+ of these per year, all for
free.  When we get a bad speaker, we don't use them again.

We have also launched a new networking site for those looking for more information as a followup
to the webinars.  It's called InformationZen and is located at http://www.informationzen.org.  It's
still in its infancy -- needs a lot more critical mass and needs some patience as the collective
content develops, but thought I would issue an invitation to all of you to join us.  It also is free.
And it also will be a place in which we will need to wrestle with the same kinds of issues of
balance that you all raise.

Thanks for all the comments.