From:
Brent Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:51:04 -0400
I was born in Pennsylvania where I lived for 20 years.

Moved to Texas and lived there for 27 years.

I have a house in Virginia where I live part time for work.

I have travelled extensively - Canada, Mexico, Central America, Europe, all
over the states, etc.

I would still choose Texas over anywhere else I've lived or visited. But
that's me.

I don't expect anyone else to like Texas for the same reasons I do.

I love water - sailing, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving, etc. Many
(ignorant) people think that Texas doesn't offer those things, they
obviously haven't been there.

Contrary to stereo types, Texas is not full of tumbleweeds and cowboys.
Everyone doesn't drive a pick up truck.

Texas is as diverse as the United States itself. There is snow in the
panhandle on a regular basis.
Beautiful forests are found in East Texas.
The Hill Country is full of beautiful Vistas.
Wonderful lakes and rivers are found throughout the state. I have run rapids
in my kayak that rival those in Virginia. The sailing on the lakes and at
the coast rivals sailing anywhere in the states.
Austin has some of the best Mountain Biking trails in the states.
Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and other cities offer cultural events
that rival New York and Los Angeles.
Austin is THE LIVE MUSIC CAPITAL of the WORLD - undisputed, and I've been to
more cities than I will list here, and Austin leaves them all in the dust
when it comes to quality AND quantity of Live Music.

Texas was and could be a self sustaining country - it has it all.

I don't expect to convince anyone that Texas is the greatest place in the
world.

All I ask is don't dis it until you've given it a fair chance - Don't
operate on stereotypes - that's a sign of ignorance.

Once you've been there and understand what it's all about, then feel free to
speak your mind as I have here.

My .04 (Everything is bigger in Texas)

<Grin>