From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:05:22 -0500
As Bruce has observed there is a noticeable move upward in prestige. I
too am noticing a trend toward RIM placement at the Director level.
"Records Manager" is becoming Director of Corporate Records and the
required degrees necessary are moving toward the master level. It also
could be that the traditional Records Manager is now more running the
repository and the Director is concerned with policy.

I am about to change titles in that direction after considerable
lobbying. RIM has really come a long way since I worked in a warehouse
full of boxes with dust on the lids.

Ray

Ps. I am outta here - mountain climbing in Utah. See ya'll in a few
weeks.

Raymond K. Cunningham, Jr. CRM, CA, CIPP
Manager of Records Services
University of Illinois Foundation
Harker Hall, MC-386
1305 West Green Street