From:
Pilar McAdam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:19:56 -0700
Earl Johnson asked:

"Is anyone familiar with them [GRM]?  Anyone current using them that
would care
to comment on their experiences (on-or-offline... any responses shared
with me would be kept in complete confidence)?  As usual, any and all
comments are appreciated."

GRM is one of the few national "players" in the records storage
business.  My firm is currently a customer of theirs, and has been for
the past 6 years.  We've been pretty satisfied with their services.
FYI, we have 11 offices, 8 of them in California, but also one each in
New York and Washington, DC (with the other in China).

My recommendations on off-site service providers is to only go with a
national firm when you have multiple locations, in multiple states, that
need to be serviced under the same contract.  If you're a local
enterprise, I think you're always better off working with one of the
local service providers.  It's a lot easier to get competitive pricing
when you're dealing with multiple local providers, too.  Once you cross
over into the national arena (Iron Mountain, Recall, GRM), they've got
you by the short hairs, and it's unlikely you'll ever be able to pay the
penalty fees to get out again.

Just one woman's opinion, of course.

If you'd like more personal musings on this topic, please contact me
off-list.

Pilar C. McAdam, CRM
Director of Legal Information Systems
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton

Pilar C. McAdam
Director of Legal Information Systems
333 South Hope Street
48th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-1448
Direct: 213.617.5417
Fax: 213.443.2703

News: Sheppard Mullin announces its new office in Silicon Valley!
http://www.smrh.com/press-releases-235.html

Circular 230 Notice: In accordance with Treasury Regulations we notify you that any tax advice given herein (or in any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or in any attachments).

Attention: This message is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.
http://www.sheppardmullin.com/