From:
Anne Merwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:25:03 -0500
I think, as in many cases, it depends on what the record is and what
industry you are in.  I don't believe you would want to destroy records
early that for instance relate to safety training taken by an employee
and/or an employee medical record.  Sure enough, you destroy them
according to the recently decreased retention requirement and the next
thing you know an exposure suit is filed in which those very training and
medical records offer positive support of your company in this claim.

I can think of environmental records which might also apply to this
scenario.

Thanks

Anne Merwin
Corporate Records Coordinator
Huntsman International LLC
10003 Woodloch Forest Drive, #8036
The Woodlands, TX  77380
Tel: (281) 719-4022
Fax: (281) 719-4045
Cell: (713) 775-6586

 "Lifting a person's vision to higher sights, is the raising of a person's
performance to a higher standard." Peter Drucker