From:
Patsy Baudoin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:12:01 -0400
Please excuse cross-posting.

We, at the MIT Libraries, would like to know if you are aware of services provided by a vendor, an organization, or an institution for capturing and preserving digital conference proceedings that don't fall under a publishing program of societies or large publishers. We have a variety of conferences and workshops sponsored or organized by our faculty, and we are interested in helping them publish the output of these events in an accessible and sustainable way. We might want to develop such a service within the Libraries, or we might want to direct them to a service that already exists. Thanks for your input, and I'll be happy to summarize responses for the list later.

Patsy

Patsy Baudoin, PhD, MLS
Film Studies and Foreign Languages & Literatures Librarian
MIT - Humanities Library; 14S-230; (617) 253-4979