From:
"A.S.E. Fairfax" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:50:13 -0700
Part of the problem with trying to "professionalize" this type of course is
that the people generally taking these courses are not interested in a
professional level of knowledge about this, and in fairness, cannot possibly
hope to be even reasonably conversant in the usually 1 day, rarely 2
day-long sessions these companies offer.  This would be comparing apples to
oranges.  It is the purpose behind the seminars that is the stumbling block
here.  Now, if you got base-line measures for the courses so that you could
parse beginners, intermediate and advanced learners, you might have
something.

Sincerely,

A.S.Elizabeth Fairfax, MA, CA
Island County Records and Information Management Program
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
x5569