From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 19:46:10 -0400
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:50 PM, A.S.E. Fairfax
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Part of the problem with trying to "professionalize" this type of course is
> that the people generally taking these courses are not interested in a
> professional level of knowledge about this, and in fairness, cannot
> possibly
> hope to be even reasonably conversant in the usually 1 day, rarely 2
> day-long sessions these companies offer.

I agree with Elizabeth on this. I see these types of seminars as a being
first of all informational in nature. Informing folks who are unaware of
records management about the key aspects. I wouldn't expect some who
attended one of these seminars or the ones that Gary mentioned  to step into
an RM job right away.

what I do expect and why I suggested partnering with ARMA is that these type
of seminars provide consistent information, information based upon the
various standards such as 15489 or those developed by ARMA .

IF someone who has taken one of these seminars wants to learn more specific
information then they should enroll in courses such as those offered by
Chippewa Valley or other educational institutions. But a senior level
executive should be able to walk with much more knowledgeable about records
management

Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va