From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:27:41 -0600
Hi Sandy,

We do that for hardware and software vendors, and there are many other out
there that can assist in that capacity as well. But if I understand your
question correctly, you're looking for someone to oversee the procurement
and vendor selection for a firm to do the assessment?

I suspect you'll find some difficulties finding a consultant to find you a
consultant, because most consultants will assume that a) the assessment is a
bigger project than the selection/procurement and b) they will be prohibited
from bidding on the assessment if they are involved in the procurement.

You may be able to find a small consulting firm that would also have enough
expertise to differentiate between all the providers out there and would be
willing to settle for the initial piece; if you do and are happy with them
you may want to let the list know so they know where to go for similar
services.

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins