From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:28:08 -0400
The Web site article was somewhat "interesting" (thanks David) but I was
disappointed to find nothing really substantially related to Records
Management issues in the hackers-provided information or the Web posting
itself. There are a lot of emotionally driven claims and statements on the
Internet that seem to be only be used to drive up the number of hits on a
Web site so the owner can raise their advertising revenues. So, I think it
would be good to make sure considering all of this interest in public vs
private email (and there will be a lot of claims in the coming weeks about
Palin's and other emails) that we determine if we are looking at validated
facts or sensationalized opinion. There will be a lot of the latter.

John

John T. Phillips
MSLS, CRM, CDIA, FAI
Electronic Records Management