From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:59:27 -0700
Hi Kelly,

This is a sweet spot for me--I really like the corporate archives work.  I'd be delighted to talk with you (and any other interested party!) re: what my attempts looked like, lessons learned, what I did well, what I didn't, how you can learn from my mistakes, and how I plan to implement the next corporate archives.  Please call me at 281.249.4110 and we'll chat.

By the way, thank you to the colleagues who have checked up on us RIMgrs here in Houston.  Thankfully the weather is cool and lovely (not at all customary for the week following a hurricane) and we citizen soldiers are banding together to clean up debris and homes while Centerpoint Energy gets our power back on line one house at a time.  Yes, the adrenaline has left and we're all exhausted; yes, the lines are long and the stock (gas!) is low; yes, families are all piled together in one small house; however, all in all, we made it through.

My heart breaks for Galveston and the lower-lying areas that took a direct hit--the pictures resemble devastation at the turn of the last century.  The ARMA Houston BOD has been kind enough to answer my inquiries on what we can do to help the ARMA chapter members affected by Ike and I believe those planning efforts will begin soon.  Thank you to the ARMA Houston BOD members and our regional leadership.

So! We implement the phone tree to confirm employees' welfare.  We schlep bottled water to work for everyone to enjoy and try to keep our gas tanks full.  We reduce the number of requests to offsite storage to emergency only.  We tweak the disaster recovery procedures or congratulate ourselves that they work.  We go home at the end of the day and help our neighbors clean up or offer assistance in some way to them.  Slooooowly, life is returning to normal.  Yep, could be a lot worse.

Mimi Dionne, CA, CDIA+, CRM, PMP
281.386.9698
Blog: http://rimnant.blogspot.com
Email: [log in to unmask]