From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:43:55 -0700
Okay, well thanks Jesse

sounds like the bottom line is they are as bad as I thought they were for
medium (7 year) to long (25 plus year) retention, especially since they are
proprietary in format and as demonstrated by their 'creator' not
compatible... even with prior versions of their own application.

No desire to get into a situation that makes a bad situation worse... just
attempting to validate what I thought.

Message Labs had a good whitepaper that explained most of this (in a
relatively similar manner), titled "Death to PST" but the intent was to sell
their product as a 'solution' =)   Love it when that happens...  problem is
almost every time I see something billed as an "e-mail archiving solution"
it's neither a solution or an archive

again, thanks for the confirmation  I can see where it may have some uses,
but not in a situation where you really want to use your content, or where
you need to retain it for lengthy periods of time.

Oh and thanks for the offer, but no need for a class, I've been managing
e-mail for decades... personally and on a for pay basis... just managed to
stay away from M$    personally, I decided not to teach, I'd rather do...
=)

Larry

--
Larry Medina