From:
Melissa Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:09:43 -0400
Hello All,

I am looking  to better understand what other companies do to insure
adherence to their records retention schedules. Our company is ready to
adopt a Records Management policy and retention schedule.  Our program is
based on a decentralized model where department mangers are responsible
for maintaining proper retention and destruction. This scares some of ours
stokeholds a little bit.
 The RM team plans to use a number of tools such as training, check-ins
with department liaisons/managers, and control of off-site storage.  Some
companies use web pages that employees must review if a ?change? is
issued. (A change being a change in policy, a legal hold, someone leaves
the company, or has a change in organizational structure.) Does any one
have anymore suggestions on insuring adherence? What are some good
solutions?

Cheers and Thanks,

Melissa Griffin