From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:18:50 -0500

>Hello All,

>I am looking  to better understand what other companies do to insure

>adherence to their records retention schedules. Our company is ready to

>adopt a Records Management policy and retention schedule.  Our program
is

>based on a decentralized model where department mangers are responsible

>for maintaining proper retention and destruction. This scares some of
ours

>stokeholds a little bit.

>The RM team plans to use a number of tools such as training, check-ins

>with department liaisons/managers, and control of off-site storage.
Some

>companies use web pages that employees must review if a ?change? is

>issued. (A change being a change in policy, a legal hold, someone
leaves

>the company, or has a change in organizational structure.) Does any one

>have anymore suggestions on insuring adherence? What are some good

>solutions?

>Melissa Griffin

I am not certain what companies may do, but it is possible that some may
work with their Compliance teams or their Internal Audit groups to
incorporate retention schedule management and Records Management policy
compliance as an integral part of such audits.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+