Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:53:06 -0400
My reference to: PricewaterhouseCoopers found that corporate espionage
costs the world's 1,000 largest companies more than $45 billion annually

is much more recent than 1999.

In fact, I am confident that I found this reference in the July/August
issue of The Information Management Journal (and, of course, anything
that is printed in this publication I believe).

It was also referenced in an article that was published on January 7th,
2008, at ZDNet.co.uk.  You will find it, along with some good advice, at
the following link:

http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/0,1000001991,39291900,00.htm

You may be right about the actual date of the study.

That does not argue against the fact that executives should be
protecting their intellectual property and that a sound electronic
records management program, using the technology available, will prevent
substantial losses to their organizations in both good economic times,
and bad.

Carl E. Weise  CRM, ermm, ecmm, emms, bpms, ioas

ERM, ECM & EMM Instructor

AIIM - Find, Control, and Optimize Your Information

406 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241

Direct T. 412.831.2981 | 412.418.4365

http://www.aiim.org <http://www.aiim.org/>  - Find, Control, and
Optimize Your Information

http://www.aiim.org/training <http://www.aiim.org/training>  - Enroll in
training for ECM, ERM, BPM, IOA/Search, Enterprise 2.0 and Email
Management

http://www.informationzen.org <http://www.informationzen.org/>  - Join
the Information Zen online community

http://www.aiim.org/findability <http://www.aiim.org/findability>  -
Download the AIIM Market IQ report on Findability

http://www.aiim.org/EmailROICalculator
<http://www.aiim.org/EmailROICalculator>  - Get the Email Management ROI
Calculator