From:
"Tucker, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:45:35 -0400
We set up a Records Center Site from the Enterprise Site Template, but
that's as far as we've gone with it other than setting up users and
adding announcements.  I am a little intimidated by my lack of
experience with SharePoint 2007 and horror stories of
improper/inadequate setup to have done anything further.  Our I/T
Department has pretty much told me that I am on my own at this point.
So, I either have to figure it out, or cough up the cash for consulting.
I'm not averse to either direction.,

I also have another site set up to "play" with, which I am using as my
project team site.  We will be using this site as our learning tool, but
it doesn't have all the same features as the Records Center site.

I too would like to hear how others are doing it out there.  Perhaps we
can establish a SharePoint user group?

Sandy
RIM Project Manager
Monroe, NC

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at  4:41 PM, Wilson, Tom wrote:

>To venture a guess, I'd say that most enterprises and institutions
already
have some version of SharePoint installed so Microsoft may be letting
the
consultants promote it for them.  I've created the Records Center Site
from
the Enterprise Site Template in MOSS 2007, but I haven't gotten into the
Administration in conjunction with the Document Libraries yet and
setting
rules.

Part of me wonders if the functionality isn't as useful without using
consulting in some way.

Has anyone out there set up the Records Center Site from the Enterprise
Site
Template and set up your Site Collection Policies and are using the
functionality in a real-time environment?  Anything close to this?

I am curious how much it's being used.