From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:40:30 -0400
Having not attended Baltimore, it had been two long years since I had the
opportunity to see my ARMA friends and to experience the educational
offerings and Expo at conference.

To the first point, I can't say enough how much I missed my pals; I am
grateful for your friendship and the opportunity to hang out with a
beverage in hand.  There are a couple of folks (you know who you are) who
I especially look forward to seeing each year, and even better, I made
some new good friends this year that I'm certain will enhance Orlando's
conference just that much more (you also know who you are!).

My overall impression of the educational sessions is that they were good,
and as Doug mentioned, it was interesting to see them mapped to the
Competencies.  However, I do see that there is room for improvement, and
so pledge to work tirelessly as a member of the Program Committee for
Orlando to take the challenges experienced in Vegas and address them for
next year.

(If anyone has any specific comments on sessions that were particularly
good, or particularly not good, please email me off list so your feedback
can be considered for Orlando.  The committee meets in early Dec, so now
is the time for your voice to be heard!)

I want to point out that the Industry Roundtables, from all accounts, were
extremely successful.  I facilitated the Legal Industry, and was so
pleased to have about 45-50 people in attendance!  I hear the Energy
Roundtable did well too, and expect the others enjoyed a great turnout and
lively discussion as well.

Expo: I thought the Expo was really good this year, and was more "charged"
than usual.  It was exciting - something going on at all times.  I can't
say I was overly pleased with the Welcome Party being held on the Floor,
but then again I got spoiled in San Antonio - hard to beat the opportunity
to ride a mechanical bull!  ;)

I think ARMA Leadership and Staff did a fine job putting the whole thing
together.  There were very few technical or logistical glitches (at least
that I saw).  Each event went off without a hitch.  I did feel the hotel
was far from the convention center, but the most exercise I get these days
is sitting on the floor playing with my twins, so walking a few miles each
day just wasn't something I was used to!

Anyway, thanks to all for a grand time.  Very much looking forward to next
year.  If there are folks on the list who have yet to attend a conference,
please, please consider putting it in your '09 budget - it will be money
very well spent!

Julie

Julie J. Colgan
Columbia, SC