Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:18:31 -0500
Hi, All,
I am a new subscriber to this list. I got my MLS degree 3 years ago and
after that I worked in several academic archives and also did some work on
records management, such as the creation of a records retention schedule
which I found very much match my interest. However, my MLS wasn't
concentrated in Records Management and my experience on RM is very limited.
I just found that there is an online training course by Gatlin Education
Services, named "Records Management Certificate". I read their course
objective and found it matches 80% of my study objectives.
My question is: has anybody here ever heard of this program? how do you
evaluate it?
Here is the link to the introduction of the program, can any of you take a
look at it, and as experienced RM's, do you think the program will provide
the students with the essential qualification that most of the employers are
looking for?
I just moved to a new state and currently unemployed. I think it might be a
good time for me to rethink my career path and I realized that Records
Management would be something that fits my interest the best. So, any of
your comments on this program would be highly appreciated or maybe you have
some better programs or suggestions to recommend.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Erica Lu