From:
"William W. LeFevre" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:44:39 -0400
Dear Alex:

Thanks for the comments.  The ICRM has grappled with this problem (not so effectively) for a number of years now.  It helps that ARMA officially states that the CRM designation is the "gold standard" and that ARMA educational offerings are generally geared towards certification through the institute.  It also helps that the CRM exam maps extremely well to the ARMA competencies.

Where we still fall down is in effectively managing the image of the ICRM and effectively getting out the word on the real-world consequences of having a CRM designation- higher pay, more professional mobility...  Plus there is still this feeling in the profession that the ICRm is some sort of closed club or is elitist which couldn't be further from the truth.  We're pretty much committed to getting as many qualified CRMs into the pipeline as poss.

William