From:
Steve Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:44:46 -0700
Margaret wrote: "I was going to do a similar request and with the
passage of AB 5 in
California I'm wondering if anyone is updating their policies?"

I copied & pasted the following:

AB 5 effectively overrules Zubulake's position that data contained by
disaster recovery systems was simply inaccessible. AB5, when passed into
law, will not let the responsible party object to data discovery simply
based on it's location. Disaster recovery data will now be presumed fair
game for discovery. Back up tapes contain the large majority of data
stored for disaster recovery.

So, Margaret, are you saying that you policy said basically that
Disaster Recovery data was not part of your process & could be ignored?

I may not have seen enough information in regards to AB 5 because I
couldn't pull up the document, only a summary and passage process but
still.

Steven D. Morgan
Records Manager, C.J. Segerstrom & Sons
Costa Mesa, CA
714.438.3228 Phone
714.546.9835 Fax

Behind every successful manager is a Records Manager.
I was going to do a similar request and with the passage of AB 5 in
California I'm wondering if anyone is updating their policies?

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/ab_5_bill_2009
0629_chaptered.pdf

Margaret Wimberly, City Clerk
City of Brentwood