From:
"Irene Gelyk, CRM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:50:17 -0400
Are You Prepared?

Bring a friend for free!  And also bring your business card for a draw for a door
prize.

Date:    Monday, September 28, 2009
Time:  12:15PM – 3:30PM  (Lunch will be served)
Place:   Manulife Financial, 200 Bloor St E, Syd Jackson Theatre

Speakers:
Desmond O'Callaghan, FBCI, Director Continuity Services - Manulife Financial.
Jerry Kofsky, Business Development Manager - Firstonsite.

Topic 1: Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Pandemic Response
Each of these activities is daunting in scope, but how ready are we in fact to
execute all of the above at once? As we enter a widely predicted period of
unusual stress on our contingency capabilities due to the current pandemic, it
will be critical to manage and balance these distinct, yet related disciplines.
This presentation will focus on some practical tactics for harmonizing the
strengths of Business Continuity strategies and plans, the flexibility of managing
Crisis Management processes and the highly focused responses needed to
handle a pandemic threat. The presentation will be followed by a dynamic
question and answer panel discussion, with the audience as the panel.

Topic 2: Are You Prepared for the Next Disaster?
"The only thing harder than planning for an emergency, is explaining why you
didn't."  Jerry Kofsky will explore key concepts in records management disaster
preparedness by incorporating lessons learned from real case studies. He will
identify:
•	What to do when faced with a disaster or emergency
•	What to do when time is not on your side
•	How to prepare business continuity and disaster plans/strategies
•	Hazard Identification Risk Assessment
•	The importance of emergency response and disaster team readiness
•	How to minimize risk & liability for staff & business
•	Why insurance loss coverage is important
•	Reasonable expectations regarding pre and post loss outcomes

Cost:  $65 for members, $75 for non-members, $30 for retirees and students.
First 10 students to register will get free admission.  Students please contact
Adele Pantusa at 416.345.6310 or by email at: [log in to unmask]

Please register at our events page – deadline is Sept 25.
http://members.armatoronto.on.ca/event.html

Make sure to visit the ARMA Toronto Chapter website regularly for program
updates:  www.armatoronto.on.ca

Irene Gelyk, CRM
ARMA Toronto Chapter President