From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:16:32 -0500

>Finally, something I understand ...

But the punchline of this cartoon is something you have long understood:

"The most important thing I realized on this search, though, was rather basic:

The cloud is not some fluffy ball of magic, it's an energy-sucking and
fallible machine.

One I'll be more cautious before trusting."

And this is the bottom line of the cloud, however you define it and whatever
form of cloud you are involved in, there is risk... and someone has to make
the determination, based on the value of the information and the benefits of
the service and SLAs, do the benefits outweigh the risks?

If the image of Frank is your organization's Information Assets... do you
want to be able to get to it from anywhere? Do you want yourself (or others)
being able to send to to others to see how cute it is?  Do you want it
stored in Paris or India?  Do you want it stored in a "virtual data pound"
with everyone's Frank?

I hope everyone watched the cartoon and reads to the bottom of the article,
the best part is the ending!!

Larry